How we conduct the supermarket and convenience store visits.
We can conduct in-store observations and retail audits to your store locations across the entire UK, whether it’s to check stock levels, understand if promotional product offers are displayed correctly or to see if staff are engaging with customers. We conduct valuable mystery shopping research on your behalf by sending our experienced field team to complete detailed written mystery shopping reports of your supermarket or convenience store, all backed up with photographic evidence if required.
Video mystery shopping can be chosen as an accompaniment for an alternative in depth approach which gives you the store view exactly as it would be seen by your customers, bringing the reports to life and further validating the retail store performance.
What we can cover:
- Product audits, stock availability, display and orientation
- Seasonal layout and promotional compliance
- Brand audits
- Petrol Station Forecourts (Fuel Island)
- Under Age sales testing to ensure you meet your legal obligations
- ID Checking in relation to Challenge 21 / Challenge 25 (Alcohol Sales and age restricted products)
- Staff product knowledge and store layout
- Store standards and presentation
Customer focused research that can drive behavioural change:
- Understand missed sales opportunities, store format issues and implement training for improvement.
- Identify at store level, areas of non-compliance and service delivery issues
- Audit seasonal campaigns and endcap promotions.
- Seek opportunities to improve the consumer journey from the initial enquiry
How we deliver the mystery shopping reports and visit analysis:
After the mystery shopping visits/reports have been completed you will have access to a comprehensive suite of mystery shopping reports and audits delivered through our online reporting platform.
“Maintaining the highest levels of service is paramount in our customer offer and Tern are key in enabling us to track service and build accountability into our personnel management." ...
We are happy to offer a free no obligation consultation